You know when time just flies by and, in what seems like a few weeks, a couple of months have gone by? Well, I've officially been a Maxwell for 60 days now and I thought I'd update you all! We're incredibly happy to be married and our wedding day was so joy-filled.
On June 12th, 2021 we tied the knot at St. Mary's Church in Centralia, WA! It was so
special and so many family and friends helped make it an absolutely wonderful day. It truly is the people who come to witness and celebrate your marriage that makes the day perfect.
Here are just a few things that I loved most:
1. We were married in a small church. There was the perfect amount of space for everyone without it feeling too spacious and spread out. It made it feel comfortable, joyful, and simple. It was Joe's parish that he grew up in and now has been married in.
2. Some of our closest family and friends helped with key parts of the day. Whether it was singing in the choir, with the photography and videography (Emily Felsheim and Robert Gleason collaborated in capturing the day), the catering, or simply making sure things ran smoothly, there were many helping hands.
3. My mom made all of the floral arrangements and our wedding cake. Along with all of her support and the time she spent preparing for the wedding, she also volunteered to do these. With no prior experience, she spent hours researching and watching videos to learn how to make everything turn out beautifully. She is insanely creative and driven and I still don't know how she did it.
Here's a little tip: mix fresh flowers with silk ones to cut down on cost and keep your bouquet looking fresh throughout the day!
4. The venue was perfect. Going into wedding planning, one thing that really mattered to me was the location. Not just what it looked like, but the type of feeling and celebrating it would inspire. I wanted a place that would encourage everyone to dance the night away and spend time chatting. I wanted it to feel inviting and warm. The Vintage Grand Room in Chehalis, WA did just that. The owner was very helpful and responsive, and I absolutely loved the hardwood floors, the old brick walls, and the historic location. We had so much fun!!
5. It was a celebration!
Everyone got out on the floor to dance!! We got some 80's music playing and the rest was history. The first dance kick-started an evening where the dancing didn't stop, the floor was always occupied, and every face wore a warm smile.
5. I married the love of my life and best friend. Don't know how you beat that one. Now I have a built-in adventure buddy and someone to go through all of life with. We're pretty excited to see what this next chapter has in store for us! In a little less than a month, we will be landing in Austria.
If you want to check out more pictures from Emily and Robert, I'll include the links at the bottom of the page.
Pictures by Emily Felsheim
Pictures by Robert Gleason